Pages

Friday 9 December 2016

Christmas is Coming

Christmas Decorations

Christmas doesn't officially begin in our house until December so this week we gathered together all our decorations and started the job of adorning trees. We have always added to our pot of decorations each year and when we first got married we would choose one new bauble each. In recent years we have made decorations which have arrived in a variety of forms.

   
Mum bought me a kit to make a silver bauble where pieces of material are folded and then pinned into a polystyrene egg. It was quick and easy to make so I got some more material and made another in bright green and red.

   
One year we embarked on a Fimo modelling clay session and had a lot of fun making labels for all our presents and a few decorations with the obligatory glitter glue of course. Having a huge stash of buttons meant I could make a few little button Christmas trees, very quick and easy to construct.

Decoupache is a fun way to decorate and at this time of year M's NOEL is always on display.

   
A little while ago I posted a picture of the wooden owl M made and mentioned he was also making some Christmas decorations. Well, tah dah! he made these lovely little snowmen who are now sitting comfortably in our tree.

He was having a lot of fun and made these larger snowmen and a Santa Claus for outside.

  
Don't they look wonderful and the Wendy house looks all Christmassy too.

About a year ago I bought this Kirstie Allsopp kit but as we have had such a busy spring and summer we never got around to trying it out.

Until, a couple of weeks ago M decided to cut some logs and try making some little tree hangings.

 
And another little NOEL which looks great under our light arch. I'm feeling a bit guilty as I have yet to contribute to the decorations this year but I still have a couple of weeks to add my own touch.

So the trees is up and looks very pretty although this picture really doesn't do it justice. We just need to complete the picture with a couple of presents and we'll be ready for the big day.

Happy Christmas everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous- you're extremely talented. 😊 My attempts at anything crafty inevitably look like the efforts of a ham-fisted toddler 😕. *sigh* I even get patronised by my kids as they look pityingly on whatever sad-looking monstrosity I've completed and say things like, 'never mind, Mummy. You tried very hard and that's all that matters' 😳😳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M is the talented and creative one in the house. My approach to craft is similar to cooking, it doesn't really matter what it looks like as long as I've had fun making it!!! Sounds like your boys are lovely 😊

      Delete